The Surgical Technologist plays a vital role as a member of the healthcare team in the operating room. Theory and practical application in the fundamentals of anatomy and physiology of the body systems are taught in the Surgical Technology program. Students are introduced to the operating room environment and are CPR certified. Students engage in “hands-on” training with regard to sterile technique, surgical equipment, supplies, instruments, and case preparation. Proper surgical aseptic techniques are covered. Surgical skills as well as laboratory procedures are taught to meet the requirements of the operating room. Graduates will be eligible to sit for the NBSTSA certification. Surgical Technology’s Blog.
- IN-DEMAND - 35% growth is expected in field through 2018 by the Bureau of Labor.
- ACTION LEARNING - Hands-on instruction provides the skills you need to succeed.
- DREAM TEAM - Faculty with more than 60 years of healthcare experience.
- LEARNING LAB - Full functioning surgical lab modeled after modern medical settings in the field.
- CAREER SEEKERS - Lifetime career assistance is available to students that qualify.
- GET DEGREE GO FARTHER - Stay competitive in today’s business field with an Associates in Occupational Science. Offered on ground and online to meet your needs.
- FINANCING - Financial aid is available to those that qualify.