The Veterinary Assistant program is designed to prepare the student with the basic knowledge and training necessary to function as an entry-level employee in a veterinary setting. The Veterinary Assistant program is carefully balanced between theory and practical instruction, including clinical and administrative training. Veterinary assistants work in all phases of animal care, including surgical nursing, laboratory procedures, and office administration. Employment opportunities include positions in veterinary offices or hospitals, zoological facilities, retail pet supply companies and the pet care industries.
- IN-DEMAND - 36% growth is expected in the field through 2018 by the Bureau of Labor.
- ACTION LEARNING - Hands-on instruction provides the skills you need to succeed.
- DREAM TEAM - Faculty features extensive professional experience in the field of veterinary technology.
- LEARNING LAB - Students are offered extensive on ground and online resources related to the field. The lab features a variety of different live animals and state of the art equipment.
- CAREER SEEKERS - Lifetime career assistance is available to students that qualify.
- GET DEGREE GO FARTHER - Stay competitive in today’s business field with an Associates of Occupational Science Degree offered on ground and %100 online.
- FINANCING - Financial aid is available to those that qualify.